Wednesday 21 September 2011

Colours from the garden

A range of roots I dug up today, particularly happy with the 3-fork fat carrot which made me laugh. Must remember to keep sowing radish seeds throughout September to keep a steady flow of little roots as we traverse through Autumn.
Big Pumpkin and little Butternut Squash. I was very sad to find that some garden animal (definitely a fiend and not a friend) has dug up the pumpkin plant at its root and ravaged it to the point of no repair so I am hoping it will ripen on its own since it has already started to go orange on its bottom. If not, it will be a controversial green Halloween lantern.
Ah, pretty, pretty, pretty. The Nasturtiums are absolutely thriving and are happily climbing their way all over my patch, while other flowers including a few Calendulas are sadly starting to run out of Summer time steam. The late planted Borage is now also offering plentiful supplies on delicate blue flowers. I'm going to freeze them in icecubes to have in the homemade ginger beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment